I am called to serve the Lord as…
- a Man of God – by loving God with my entire being, obeying His commands, striving after righteousness and purity, doing the work of an evangelist, and influencing Kingdom change all around me (John 13:34-35; 1 Corinthians 4:16; 11:1; 1 John 2:15-17);
- a Disciple – by personally walking with individuals encouraging and strengthening them along their path of maturity and sanctification, and to then encourage them to do the same (Matthew 28:19-20; Hebrews 10:24-25).
- a Husband – by loving, leading, and dying to myself for my wife as Christ has for the Church in order that I might be the physical embodiment of Christ to her, nurture her holiness, and keep Christ at the center of our marriage, which is the physical example of Christ’s relationship to the Church and our future glorification (Ephesians 5:25-33);
- a Father – by training up my child in the way of God through regular reading and teaching of the Scriptures, by loving and nurturing and correcting and disciplining his behaviors as necessary, and by living a life consistent with that instruction so that he may grow into a man of God that fears the Lord and brings glory to His name (Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Psalm 1:3-4; Proverbs 22:6);
- a Pastor/Shepherd – by caring for the people of God and equipping them for the work of the ministry through the Word of God and example (Ephesians 4:11-16);
- an Administrator of the local church – by ensuring the mission of the church is effectively going forward according to all the Lord called us to do and that it is being a godly steward of all resources and people God has given to that body (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 12:4-7; Ephesians 4:7-16)